Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chinese Jump Rope Patterns, Towel Push Exercise - Fun PE Activities

1st graders using the Chinese Jump Rope - Americans Pattern
This week I taught my students about Chinese Jump Ropes (K-5th grades).  It was a big hit with all grade levels!  Here is a link to many printable posters (regular paper size) which I use while teaching Chinese Jump Ropes.  

Below are also a few pictures of the "towel push" exercise which I added to our warm-up activity.  It was something fun and different for the kids and they seemed to enjoy it!  Our warm-up routine is jog 1 lap, then do 10 reps of an exercise, and repeat for 3-5 minutes.  The towel push was an exercise they could choose during this time.   This routine gets their heart rates up very quickly and provides for a lot of variety.
1st grader jumping with a Chinese Rope.

These are the doctors in the game Dr. Mario which we played last week.

Playing Dr. Mario - printable click here!

The Towel Push

Towel Push

V-sit exercise (student in the middle)

Videos Below!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carly! I am just beginning my PE career and I couldn't be more excited about it :) I love all your blogs and ideas, I think this will help me get a great start. So I just wanted to say thank you for taking time to show all your ideas I really appreciate it and will continue to check back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay - Thanks so much for those kind words! I really appreciate hearing that! Congrats on starting your career in P.E. It is the best! Here are a few more links in case you haven't seen them: I sell PE certificates on the Teacher's Pay Teachers website - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Carly3 and my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/carly3ify

    ReplyDelete